Monday, March 22, 2010

I like starting projects!

I love to start projects! About half way through I get bored, and by that time I've usually found at least three other things that I just HAVE to make, so the current project gets put in the cupboard or the knitting basket for a while. Maybe a few weeks, maybe a few years ...
This is my current knitting, which is gorgeous, and I am doing well with it, but I am really over it by the time I get to the last sleeve! And sewing it up is just an exercise in tenacious will power, but then I love it when it's complete!
I've been working on this quilt which is called "pretty in pink" for a couple of years now I think.
Am back on it now, and it's almost complete! I love all the little bits of colour that go into it.








I finished these little green bloomers last night because they had been laying around for about a week almost finished. They're made from vintage fabric bought on Trade Me. I found an gorgeous retro tablecloth at an op-shop last week, which I'll make into a little swing top to go with them. They'll be SO cute.



This my Auntie Lex's trusty overlocker. Lex died about three years ago. Actually she's really Richard's auntie, but I stole her because she was a kindred spirit.
The sewing machine was my Mum's , and it's the only one I've ever used. I learnt to sew on it when I was about seven. I made a lot of dolls clothes and a few hideous attempts at my own clothes. I didn't actually become any good at it til I had a little girl and desperately wanted to make pretty dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails