Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Mummy Recipies





Last Christmas I had a photo book made up for my daughter with all my favourite recipes in it. I called it The Mummy Recipes. Here are a few of the best ones for your enjoyment.



On a more practical note, when each of my children went flatting I gave them recipes for their favourite and easy to prepare meals. Callum has never used his, and Beat says they are "cabbage" because they make reference to cooking your mince thoroughly to avoid e-coli contamination! Obviously her ability to separate egg whites and egg yolks at a precocious age means that these add ons are unnecessary!


Sonya's Carrot Cake

2 cups finely grated carrot

2 eggs

1 cup sugar

3/4 cup oil

1 tsp vanilla

1 1/4 cups flour

2 1/2 tsp cinnamon

2 1/2 tsp mixed spice

1 tsp baking soda (sifted)

1/2 tsp salt


Grate carrots finely and put aside. Mix eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla essence until smooth.Add carrots and remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly, but do not over-mix. Pour into a greased and lined cake tin. Cook 40 mins @ 180 deg c.

I actually double this recipe except for the spices, and double the cooking time. Makes a big round cake.


Icing.

100g cream cheese

50g melted butter

sifted icing sugar to whatever consistancy you like

1 tsp vanilla essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails