Thursday, April 14, 2011

Morning Talk

Do you remember morning talks at primary school?





This post is going to be a little bit like one of those,

because I have nothing particularly important to say, and a random photo of my cat!



So it's mostly about how my friend Claire who is a stitcher /quilter extraordinaire invited me to a stitching group with a couple of other ladies who both happened to be called Michelle.

I enjoyed it so much, and it was nice to meet new people called Michelle!

All I could find to take was my Christmas Beatrix Potter cross stitch. And that was just lucky because I found it behind a chair in my knitting basket.

I managed to complete a small area of brown hedgehog.




This is what they are all making, with their own choice of fabrics, colours, threads etc etc.

This one is Claire's. I just love it, and am feeling re-inspired, but I still have to find all my stuff!

It's here somewhere.

I think I'll do mine in silver threads with shabby chic colours. Surprise, surprise!

And I really, really want to get some bunting made for our housewarming party.

But time is of the essence, and I probably won't have any left!

I have made some more curtains from tablecloths. My life is complete blog chics.

There are just not enough days in the week at the moment.












7 comments:

  1. I love the random photo of your cat!
    It was really lovely to meet you yesterday, I hope you find your stuff soon and can come and play with us again!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting and embroidery looks beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a fun sewing day and some new people.I went over to the 2 Michelle's and said hi...nice blogs they have.Shame Claire's lovely shop isn't still open, I bet you all miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the embroidered pieces in this quilt! looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a lovely thing to get to together with other ladies that sew ;-) Lovely quilt good luck with making yours, i know what you mean about there not being enough hours in the day. Your cat looks so lovely snuggled up there, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Random photos of beautiful cats are perfectly acceptable !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacqui I just found your blog through All Things Rusty and Fabric. Your quilt is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it finished. I am in aww over the purple flowers.
    Hugs
    donna
    http://donnaslavendernest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails