Thursday, February 23, 2012

Merry Mice Again.

I had a lovely e-mail the other day from a lady called Gloria from Australia.

She'd come across my Merry Mouse stitcheries while looking at some of the old posts on my blog.

She asked me for details of the publisher etc, and let me know that she had managed to find one of the books on e-bay.




Which reminded me that I have been planning to make these into a quilt for so long.

So I have finally started.

And you know how much I love to start things!

Finishing is another matter altogether.














They are from the Merry Mouse series of Patterns by Pat and Gloria, published by Doubleday in the early 1980s.





So I thought I'd use borders and lots of sashing and follow the look of this quilt from

Little Chicken Feather (Annie Downs).






I have some lovely gellato coloured fabrics to use.








And I think this might actually be the last quilt I start - for a long time anyhow.

I finally feel like I have enough quilts in my life.

But I will finish the three I have on the go.








This one will go into my Grandma stash.

It will be the very first thing in my Grandma stash.

Not that I am expecting to be a Grandma for a long time yet.

If ever.

But this quilt will be so special, because these stitcheries have such a story attached to the making of them.

They could really only be given to a Grandchild now.













Maybe I'll do some more tomorrow.

I'll let you know how I get on Blog Chics.







3 comments:

  1. What child wouldn't love a quilt like that! I wonder which will be her/his favorite little mousie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahhh that is going to be one very special and lovely quilt. Can't wait to follow your progress with it. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special, very special indeed. I remember my Cross stitch days, i loved them. but now quilting is my thing. but still have all my cross stitches and wouldn't part with them, like quilts they hold memories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails