Sunday, November 21, 2010

In which I tie up a few loose ends, and the Magpie Cat is diagnosed with renal failure.


The Magpie Cat has renal failure. She's an old cat, so it's not entirely unexpected.


She spent the night at the vet's recently having blood and urine samples and a thorough investigation. I was pretty sure what the outcome was going to be. Now she has a very flash renal diet and will have follow up bloods in a few weeks time to see if it's working.


The hard part is that she's such a vacuum cleaner, it's difficult to get the Tail Cat's left overs out of the way before she comes looking for them!






Anyhow, we are experienced at dealing with renal failure at our place.




I finished the sheep jumper last week. After the longest stretch of sewing in ends!!!




I took it into Janine at The Black Sheep wool shop in town to choose some buttons.







Here is the finished article. I love it.









Don't know what I'll do with it. Probably just keep it in the cupboard and admire it every now and then. I just get so excited every time I finish something!!! But there is some law of physics existing that means when you finish something, the net sum of unfinished projects remains the same. Because you have started at least one more in the meantime!

Does this happen at your place Blog Chics?



8 comments:

  1. Holy Moly that looks complicated. Nice work! Sending well wishes for your puddy tat, hope all goes well with his new diet and he doesn't take it out on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Jacqui, that is just the cutest thing i adore it and the colours are smashing. Well done you, looks like a lovely shop to. O yes im the same i seem to start one thing then think right i need a bit of a change fed up now the joys of sewing and making i think ;-))Im so sorry to hear about your cat. Have a lovely week. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's so sweet! Fabulous colors and pattern, Love it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your poor little pussy cat! I do hope the diet works well. Any sort of diet is rather rubbish poor cat, lots of sympathy! Now onto that cardigan... it's absolutely fantastic!!! I adore the colours you've used and those sheep are so cute. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! SO srry to hear about your poor kitty. On a brighter note, I love your finished project, and oh yes, I have many, many unfinished ones, too many to mention! Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lambie-pie jumper is adorable. Looks much better without the loose ends and with buttons, lol!

    Keeping my fingers crossed that the special diet gives the M.C. some lovely extra time with her family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that jumper is totally adorable xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute jumper!
    And I know everything about cat's diets...we experienced the same problems here with our cats. I hope your cat will have a few more good years thanks to his diet!
    And no, I did not make the drawing of the girl in the rain for my quilt, I took it from this book: "Cute Japanese embroidery". It's plenty of wonderful little embroidery projects.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails