Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jo and Annabel come to dinner.

Way back in June I blogged about my girl's weekend at Jo Seager's Cook School in Oxford.
Then I came home and talked about it to anyone who would listen, and promised a Jo Seager dinner party.
Well I've finally done it! But I had to invite Annabel (Langbein) along too because she has such lovely photography in her cook book, and I just make her flat bread recipe ALL the time.
It's great to have with hummus with drinks before dinner.


These are my most photogenic deserts. Lemon roulade, lemon possett (in Grandad Darcey's best crystal glasses), and mint truffles.





This is Annabel's bread with hummus and my fav, blue cheese. No -one else likes it, so there's plenty for me!





Coriander chicken and basmati rice.




Close up of the deserts, which I am slightly biased towards!!!



Dinner parties are not really my thing, that's partly why it's taken me so long to get around to it. I feel slightly self conscious about it, because i remember my Grandma Ida's in the 1970s, which were truly stupendous, and my Mum's with the baked lemon trout and pineapple pudding (not sure if they appeared on the same menu??)
And I worry that my lemon roulade might be quite tame in comparison.
Certainly coriander chicken would have been laughed out of town in the 1970s!





But Jo and Annabel are the new Doris and Audrey in my book.
Both glamorous in their own way.
Both icons of New Zealand culinary culture.
History will prove me to be right, I am sure.






5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely and very tasty, its 6.43 in the morning here and im trying to catch up with all the blogs i read and my mouth is watering at your choice of desserts ;-)) yummy, have a lovely day, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that all looks sooooo good! I'm salivating over my brekky. Glad you had a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohlalala do you share recipes ? ? ?
    The coriander chicken looks fab and those desserts are mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks amazing! You had me with lemon and then blue cheese...well those are 2 of my favorite things and having them both at one meal is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I am new to your site via a link from 'Diary of a Tinyholder'. The food looks fabulous, I'm glad it all went well. I admire what you are doing for the victims of the terrible earthquake and I hope that you get a great response. I have added you to my 'blogs to follow'. Take care, Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails