Saturday, February 26, 2011

Little Chicken Feather.

I have a brand new Great Niece called Rebecca.
I hadn't made anything in preparation this time, because I didn't know if we were getting a boy or a girl, and mainly because I just wasn't so organised this time.
So when she was born, a little lightbulb went off in my head and I thought I'd use my favourite bag pattern (super nappy bag I thought). And Little Chicken Feather, whom I just adore.


So if you don't want to spoil the surprise Emma, don't read on!


This is my favourite design from Little Chicken Feather.








I had just the right fabrics for a girly bright gelato looking combination, and there had to be some yellow. Just about everything has been recycled or a left over from some other project, which is handy when inspiration strikes you at 2 o'clock in the morning. A bit difficult to nip off to the shops then.


I've been sneaking round to my Mum's house to sew, because I have packed my sewing machine up here.



Isn't she gorgeous!



I love it.






7 comments:

  1. Now that is darling! You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting to have a new baby! What a beautiful bag and it's so nice and roomy as well. I hope her birth wasn't the result of the earthquake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it too....welcome Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No she was not an earthquake baby, she arrived a few days before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww welcome into the world baby Rebecca. I love the bag its so sweet, isn't it great when your creative mind strikes at stupid oclock in the morning ;-))dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to mum and dad on the birth of Rebecca and well done you for the bag. It looks great and I bet it will be well used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a joy to find your lovely blog this evening!
    Beautiful things you made your great niece!
    I see you haven't posted for a while - I do hope you'll be back soon.
    I'd love you to come and visit me, I'll get out my prettiest teacups and make you very welcome!
    I'm a kiwi blogger too.
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails