Friday, April 9, 2010

Magpiechic loves shiny things.

Well hello again. If you've read my blog before, you could be forgiven for thinking that all I do is travel around New Zealand shopping! Well, you might very well think that, but I couldn't possibly comment!! The other day I was in a beautiful linen and homewares shop in Taupo, where I spotted a beautiful and simple piece of jewelry. It was just a heart shaped glass crystal, with a piece of lace for a chain, and small silk flower as the only embellishment. It was so lovely, but very expensive. Seeing that I am practicing at being thrifty at the moment, I thought I could have a go at making it myself.
I've seen the little glass crystals for sale individually very cheaply (advantages of having a vast amount of available ROM re shopping experiences!). So I bought one for $3.50 and begun the job of sorting through my basket of laces and habby. Well! It resembled a rat's nest to begin with, but I soon became very engaged in the sorting process, and now it's all in little individual rolled up bundles, just like hubby would have done if I'd presented him with aforementioned rat's nest!! He would be so proud of me. I might show him, but he'll be very busy in his shed sorting wing nuts and bolting on turbos or something!


This is kind of half way through the rat's nest sorting.



Isn't it gorgeous. I just love it, and it cost me $3.50 and an hour's sorting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails